Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Nail Polish Challenge Week 26: A Pattern

I know I'm a day late this week.
      Hello again friends, sorry I am a day late in getting this up. Yesterday after work I was so exhausted that I just couldn't muster up the energy to devote to doing my nails and then blogging it. Luckily though I didn't have that same problem today. This week's theme was a pattern. Honestly I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted to do and then I saw a new Bubzbeauty nail tutorial video for frilly polka dot nails and I loved the simple yet fun design she came up with. I know I have a slight obsession for polka dots here lately and this one was just up my alley. I was going to do more than one color, but I have used my mint polishes so much lately that I decided against it. Here are the results...
The pink polish is in waves half way up my nail.
      For the base coat I just used two coats of an old Love My Nails polish that my mom bought YEARS ago. Luckily it is still in really good condition and the color is in Lollypop Pink. It is a really fun color and surprisingly the polish works really well considering it was probably only 3 dollars when my mom bought it. For the dots I just used my cheap dollar store white nail polish striper and I just put a puddle of the polish on a paper plate and used a toothpick to create diagonal lines. Then I sealed it all in with my trusty NYC Long Wearing Extra Shiny Top Coat. Obviously Bubz has a lot more artistic talent then I do. I would reccomend you check out her Youtube video to see what hers looks like (it is much prettier!). That's all for this week. Please look forward to me posting my CBV Round Robin Haul and Review here in the next few days. See you guys next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment