Monday, April 22, 2013

CBV Slap Yo Momma Smoothie Candle: Banana Smoothie

So good they will make you want to slap yo momma!
    Hello again darlings, I am back again this week for a mini-review of my Candles By Victoria Slap Yo Momma Smoothie Candle. They recently came out with this whole new line of specialty candles in March. They are all of Victoria's regular scents mixed with her Vanilla Bean fragrance. You can get them in typical smoothie scents such as strawberry, raspberry, grape, etc.. but they also come in more interesting fragrances such as peppermint, caramel chocolate, and even Victoria's popular scent captain crunch berries. They can currently be found on page 14 on the website. I decided to get one for myself in the scent Banana Smoothie. Here is what it looks like...
Topped with a wax banana slice.
   These tumblers are 13 ounces and single wicked. The top isn't too wide so I think it should burn pretty evenly without having to foil the edges. The color and decoration on top will depend on what fragance you choose. All of the candles will come dusted with glitter on the tops as well. When I first got this the Vanilla Bean scent was all I could smell, but the cold throw was decently strong. It has had about a month's cure time since then and the banana has come out much more. It is a candied banana fragrance similar to banana flavored Runts however the vanilla bean really tones down the candy quality to it. The vanilla and banana fragrances are equally balanced out now. So if you do decided to purchase these remember to let it cure for a little while before burning if you want to smell it's full scent potential. 
A better look at the glitter.
    These are really nice candles. I think they are really well priced for the amount of wax that you get considering a normal 2 ounce scent shot is $2.00 and this is 13 ounces for only $12.00. You actually end up saving a dollar and you get a nice glass jar and a decorated candle to boot. That is pretty good in my book considering most companies would charge you extra for both of those things. I'm happy with my candle. It is exactly what I wanted and I like that even though it is cute, I don't think I will be too torn up about burning it. I don't think I will ever be able to bring myself to melt my Smore Galore candle because it is so pretty. Sometimes simplicity is better. That concludes this little review. I hope some of you found it informative and helped you get a better idea of this line of candles.  
They are a really great addition to the CBV website.

No comments:

Post a Comment