Monday, April 22, 2013

Nail Polish Challenge Week 29: The Supernatural

It's Supernatural Week!
    Woot ! The theme for this week is right up my alley! I love anything to do with the horror or fantasy sides of things so it took me forever to finally decide what I wanted to do for my nails this week. Originally I was going to make alien nails, but I sadly do not have a bright neon green that I would have liked to have for their skin color so I scrapped that idea. Then as I was looking at all of my green polishes I thought about doing a Frankenstein nail scheme, but I remembered I already did that on green week since it was near Halloween at that time. Eventually I decided to put away my polishes and go watch a movie instead. What movie did I end up watching? Cabin In The Woods, which for those who haven't seen it, has just about every movie monster under the sun in it at one point. Finally after much deliberation I decided on doing a zombie inspired nail design. Zombies have pretty much become the new vampires this year so it is only fitting that I pay homage to that this week. Here is how it turned out...
Graveyard nails with a zombie hand on the middle finger.
    For the base I used two coats of my China Glaze Harvest Moon from the Hunger Games collection. Then I just used China Glaze's Liquid leather and created little downward strokes to crate the bases of the gravestones. Then I used a toothpick dipped in the Liquid Leather to create the crosses, grass, and of course the entire zombie hand coming out of the ground. My zombie hand got a little wonky looking, but I didn't think it was too bad since I have never drawn a hand with just a toothpick and polish before. So I'm happy with it. I realize that somewhere along the way my ring finger got smudged and some of the polish came off. My guess is it happened when I was trying to draw the hand. But what can you do it is too late now. Only two more weeks left of the 31 week nail polish! I can't even believe it. We are in the home stretch now and the ending is in sight! Please look forward next Monday for the next installment. Until then guys take care and enjoy my CBV Slap Yo Momma Smoothie Candle review.

No comments:

Post a Comment