Monday, April 8, 2013

Nail Polish Challenge Week 27: Artwork

It's nail polish challenge Monday!
     Hello again all my beauties! Despite my usual hatred for Mondays in general, today has been a very good and productive day for me today. I woke up early and found out my CBV order that I placed during a busy sale last week should be here by Wednesday. That is a week and a half turn around time and let me tell you I ordered quite a few scent shots. So I was very happy with that. Another thing that has made today great is that spring has finally arrived here in my hometown. Yesterday it was up in the seventies and today it has been in the sixties with the sun shining. I have been waiting for spring since Christmas ended.  An another note I was really nervous about what to do for this week's nail polish challenge because if you haven't already noticed my nail art skills are still in the beginner's level. I scoured the net for pictures of nails that are artwork inspired just looking for something that would be possible for me to even attempt at doing. Luckily I found a cutepolish tutorial on Youtube and it didn't turn out too bad if I do say so myself. Without further ado here is how it turned out...
Not too shabby if I do say so myself.
     After searching awhile I saw this City Skyline tutorial and it reminded me of all the landscape paintings I have seen depicting the New York skyline. It was perfect for this week's theme. For a base coat I used only one sheer coat of Zoya's Bela just to give the gradient polishes something to stick to. Then I with a make-up sponge I used Sally Hansen's X-treme Hard As Nails polishes in Blue It and Deep Purple. I sponged the two over my base coat to create the gradient effect of the night sky. Then using my China Glaze Liquid Leather I created the buildings by using short downward strokes. I then used my LA Colors Art Deco nail striper in black to add little satelites and pyramid tops to a couple of the buildings. With a toothpick dipped in Avon's Sunshine I added little windows in the buildings to create the lights of the city. Next I just used my cheap dollar store white nail striper to create a tiny crescent moon on my middle finger and a tiny airplane on my thumb (which sadly you cannot really see). To top it all off I just used my NYC Long Wearing Extra Shiny Top Coat to seal it all in and add some shine. I would say this is probably my favorite look I have done so far in the nail polish challenge. It is so hard to believe we are already at week 27! Look forward next week for the next nail polish challenge. Until then see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment