Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Nail Polish Challenge Week 30: A Tutorial

Only one week left of the nail polish challenge!
     Hey everyone. I know that I am two days late posting this, but I have had to work overtime all this week and so things got a little crazy there. Nevertheless I have finished this week's challenge. This week's challenge was a tutorial. I decided to do Bubzbeauty's spring time nails. I wish I would have slowed down and taken my time a bit more when doing this, but as I said I had worked overtime yesterday and I was hurrying to get it done before dinner. Still I'm happy with the results...
Spring time grass and daisies.
      For the sky which is also the base coat I used Zoya's Blu in two coats, then for the grass strands I used two different greens/ With a toothpick dipped in polish I used Zoya's Josie, and Apple. This picture does not justice whatsoever to the glitter in Apple. It actually has a three dimensional effect because I used one matte color for the stalks and then a glitter for the other stalks. So it sparkles in certain light. Then for the daisies I just used a bobby pin and dotted it in my cheap dollar store nail striper in white. For the center of the daisies I used Avon's Sunshine and just dipped my bobby pin in. This was super simple to create and it would have looked way better had I slowed down and taken my time with it. This is a really great look for springtime and trust me on the nails it looks way more forgiving then this harsh picture. Can you believe we only have one more challenge left? I feel like crying... not sure if I'm happy or sad that it is all about to end next Monday. I will still post some manicure looks, but they will be sporadically and in no particular theme really. Just the nails that I believe are worth taking a picture of. Anyways that's all for this week's challenge. Please look forward next week for the finale. Also later today when I get off work I will be posting this month's CBV review so stick around for that. Bye guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment