Monday, March 11, 2013

Nail Polish Challenge Week 23: Inspired By A Movie!

And I said what about Breakfast at Tiffany's...
      Hello again all my lovelies! This week's nail polish theme is Inspired By A Movie. So it got me thinking about all the movies I've seen. Let me tell you I thought all week about it; going over the movies I love and also trying to come up with a design that my polish collection and shoddy painting skills could do justice to. That knocked a lot of my ideas out of the running. In the end I decided to do a design based off of the classic Audrey Hepburn film Breakfast At Tiffany's. Meanwhile while I was painting my nails I listend to the song "Breakfast At Tiffany's" by Deep Blue Something to further get me in the mood. I decided to keep the design very simple and chic. 
Audrey inspired nails.
       For the base coat I used China Glaze's For Audrey which is in a beautiful Tiffany's mint color. I decided to do a french tip design and I used China Glaze's Liquid Leather because I thought the black brought to mind Holly's iconic little black dress with her sophistacated gloves. I really like how the colors contrast yet still compliment each other. So that's it for this week. Next week is inspired by a book. I already know the exact book I am planning to draw inspiration from so please look forward to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment