Sunday, March 3, 2013

Nail Polish Challenge Week 22: Inspired By A Song!

This week's theme is music inspired.
      Welcome back everyone for yet another week of me attempting to make my way through the 31 week nail polish challenge. We are on week 22 already and I feel like I'm so close to the end, but I'm underestimating the number of weeks left. Despite the Gagnam Style GIF I did not choose that song for the inspiration of my nails this week. Instead the song I chose was "Honeybee" by Blake Shelton. Yes, I chose a country song which was really surprising to me. Not that I don't like country music, just that I tend to listen to other genres a bit more than that one. However I have been listening to Honeybee over and over for a while now so I thought what better song to chose than this one? So that was the inspiration behind the nails below...
My hand looks kind of freaky here lol...
     For the base coat I used the same color as I used last week and that was Zoya's Breezi in two coats. Then for the bee trail and wings I just used my LA Colors Art Deco Striper in Black. For the body of the bee I used Avon's Sunshine. For the white on the wings I just used my cheap dollar store white nail striper that has no name. And that's all it took other than an hour of free time to create this. I'm happy with how it came out, but there were a lot of things I could have done to make this better. For one, instead of using my gloppy black striper I could have used the end of a bobby pin to make the dots smaller and cleaner looking. The other thing I could have done was use a more pastel blue to make it look more like the sky. I could have even added some fluffy clouds on the more empty looking nails. But alas I was in a time crunch and didn't want to put too much into it since I had to make dinner and do laundry which was sure to strip off all my hard work. The design was really simple I just followed the Bubzbeauty bumblebee nail art tutorial on Youtube. I found it really easy to follow along with in case you were interested. Well that's all for this week's post. Please look forward to more CBV posts and FCS Spring line haul and review soon. Bye guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment