Monday, January 21, 2013

Nail Polish Challenge Week 16: Tribal Print!

Nope, Its Monday again...
              Hello again everyone. Sadly the weekend is over and Monday has once again arrived to torment us all. Why is Monday never a good day? Anyways this week's theme is tribal print which is another form of nail art I had never tried before. I looked at a lot of reference photos online and then looked at my own nail polish collection and made do with what I had. Overall I'm actually quite happy with it since I figured it would turn out much worse than it did. So here is how it turned out.

Shown with me holding a NYC top coat.
And another for a better look.
        So for the blue base coat I used Zoya's Tahlula which actually turned out a tad bit darker than I had expected but still turned out pretty good I think. Then for my thumb and half of my middle finger I used China Glaze's Harvest Moon from the Hunger Games Collection. Then for the black detailing I just used LA Color's Art Deco nail striper in black and for the white details I just used my cheap dollar store white nail striper. To top it all off I used my always present NYC Long Wearing Extra Shiny Top Coat. Tribal prints can really range to so much but given my level of nail art talent (or lack there of) I decided to keep it simple with mainly stripes and dots patterns. I also stuck to just two colors instead of a lot more like I see alot of people do. It's nothing too fancy but I'm proud of myself for trying it and what I had accomplished when I put my mind to it. That's all for this week. Next week's challenge will be Glitter!! Now the hard part is to pick which glitter polish I want to wear. Seriously about 70 percent of my nail polish collection is juts plain glitter. Anyways see you guys next week!



No comments:

Post a Comment