Monday, October 8, 2012

Fall Fortune Cookie Soaps Haul & Review

Good morning internet friends!
          I'm back and as promised in my last FCS haul/review I am here with some of the new fall fragrances for you guys. So I bought another whipped cream body butter sample pack and then I saw they had these new lip scrubs for your lips so as I am a balm/chapstick junkie I had to get it. I'm always willing to try anything that will make my lips nice and soft. And then as always with every order you get a free sample product. So now onto the review...

Though it doesn't look like it this has glitter in it.

Capitol Diamond:
Color: Pastel Pink
           This fragrance is actually inspired by the Hunger Games's Effie Trinket. Not the description on the site says that it is made out of coconut, clove, citrus, vanilla, and strawberries. Now that is a lot of contradicting scents in there so I wasn't sure exactly what this one was going to smell like. This smells to me like sweet artificial strawberries and creamy vanilla. I don't smell any of the spicy clove at all and if there is coconut and citrus in it then it is incredibly overshadowed by the strawberries and vanilla notes. The only thing keeping me from instantly ordering this in the full size is the very tiny microglitter flecks hidden inside. You don't see it in the jar but they show up very subtley on the skin.Unfortunately I kind of hate body glitter so I will just enjoy the sample piece I have. Overall though this is probably my favorite out of the whipped creams that I got. It has a nice toned down sweetness to it that I really like. I think that FCS did a great job in capturing the girlyness of Effie in this one. It makes me really curious to try there Tiny Tribute fragrance which is based off of the character Rue.
Capitol Diamond is Effie Approved.
 Snickerdoodle:
Color: Pastel Yellow
           First off snickerdoodles are my all time favorite cookie. A few years ago I went on a crazy baking spree and I made a huge batch of them like every month for half the year. So I was super excited when I saw this on FCS website. Sadly I think I set my hopes a bit too high. This scent isn't a bad or gross one it just wasn't all that I had hoped for. I think I was expecting more of a baking scent, but instead this one smells like butter, allspice, and that fake sugar cookie smell. I don't smell any cinnamon in it at all. I mean it still smells like a cookie, but it smells fake and I'm just not a fan of that. I wanted it to smell like the kind I make from scratch. Overall I was a little dissapointed, but the scent isn't bad. I will still use it all up. I would reccomend this to those people who like that thick artificial sugar cookie smell.
Snickerdoodle #Not Impressed...
 Ripe For The Picking:
Color: Pastel Maroon
          As I said in my last FCS haul, apples are my favorite scent and that I was hoping that this fall they would release a scent that was similar to their How About Them Apples scent from last fall which is my all time fav Fortune Cookie Soap scent. It smells just like a pure fresh cut Macintosh apple. So you can imagine how excited I was when I saw that this scent. The website describes this one as reminiscent of apple picking. It is supposed to be a mixture of Red Delicious, Granny Smith, and Macintosh apples. And I have to say it smells exactly like what it says it's supposed to. I get ripe crisp fresh cut apples, but it isn't distinctly one type of apple. I'm really happy with this one, but I still like How About Them Apples better. That one is more fresher and straight up cut-apple smelling where as this one is a bit more on the sweeter side. Still this one is a must have for apple lovers! Doesn't smell artificial at all. I'm seriously thinking of ordering this in the full size container.
This pleases me
Figs & Berries:
Color: Mint Green
          This one is a really complex scent to describe. The description on the site says that it is made out of fig, amber, sandalwood, fresh lemon, and berries. Honestly I have no idea what figs smell like. The only fig I have ever come close to is a Fig Newton. And no this does not smell like that. This one is really difficult to put into words because it doesn't smell fruity nor woodsy. It doesn't smell like anything I've ever had before. If I had to break it down I'd say it smells like a hint of berries blended very well with a slightly masculine soap. It is fresh smelling with some fruity notes filled out with a deeper woodiness and a hint of a perfume like undertone. Don't be alarmed by the woodiness description because this one is still a feminine scent.So frustrating trying to narrow this down and make it sound like what I smell. You guys just have to try this one out for yourselves to get an accurate reading on it. Overall this is a nice scent. It's not my favorite out of the order, but it is something different that I've never had before. So I'm kind of neutral on it. Don't love it, don't hate it.
Note the size!

Top of the lip scrub.

Itty Bitty Gritty Caramel Apple Lip Scrub: 
       This is a brand new product from Fortune Cookie Soaps. What it is for those of you not familiar with lip scrubs, is a sort of clear lip balm with sugar crystals (yes REAL sugar crystals) in it that help exfoliate dry and chapped lips. All you do is put it on like any other lip balm, now you can wipe off/ lick off the sugar cystals if you like afterwards and your lips will still be hydrated from the balm. However you can just leave it on as it is, you just might see some of the sugar crystals sticking on your lips. Personally I just lick off the sugar. The sugar makes it really sweet tasting. So the one I ordered is Caramel Apple and it smells just like granny smith apples. Truthfully I don't get any caramel in this, but that's okay because it still smells great. If you have seen my previous FCS review then you will know that I reviewed their Green Applemint lip balm and that is exactly what this is only with the added sugar crystals that scrub off the dead skin off of your lips and without the mint. So it is their lip balm with a sweet upgrade. This product is a bit more expensive than their lip balms, but you also get ALOT more product and the sugar crystals so it comes out pretty even I think. This tube is going to last me a year I already know it. This product works really well. My lips already look and feel a lot better and I'm glad I purchased this because winter will be here before you know it and I will be needing this to battle the frigid cold air. So I'm very satisfied with this. 
I give it two thumbs up!
My free sample.
Cram Your Face In My Sweet Pumpkin Pie Bath Bomb: 
       So as you guys can see mine got a little crunched in transit, but that's okay since it is a bath bomb and will disolve in water anyways. This is actually a return scent. They came out with this one last fall and it was such a hit that they brought it back for this year. I missed out on it this year so I'm happy I get to see what all the fuss was about. This one does not smell exactly like pumpkin pie, but it is still a  fabulous scent. I smell pumpkin, with clove, and ginger. It says there is cinnamon in there too, but it doesn't stand out to me. I just sort of smell sweet spiced pumpkin. As for the bath bombs themselves, I have never tried them before so glad I get to now. I have not used this particular product yet, but I will let you know what I think of their quality as soon as I try it. I'm just not that much of a bath person (you're sitting in your own dirt after all), I prefer my showers, but when I find the time I will test this baby out. 

     That's it for this little fall haul. I have the Halloween Soap Box being shipped to me as I write this so once I get my hands on it I will get that review up for you as soon as possible for those of you who may want to buy their limeted edition Halloween products. I'm really excited for the Zombie Treats bath bomb because it glows in the dark and is supposed to smell like a Jolly Rancher! So much fun! Well I will see you all lovelies next time!
       

1 comment:

  1. Cute haul!!! love all of those products!
    Follow me? chiccupcake1.blogspot.com
    -Jen <3

    ReplyDelete