Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Disney Villains Varnish Set 2012 & Other Swag

Disney Designer Villains Collection!
        Good evening darlings. I'm really excited to show you all today's post. I was bored about a week and a half ago and decided to randomly check out the Disney Store Website. Despite my love of all things Disney I don't check the site much because I find that their prices are really ridiculous at times. Come on 200 bucks just for a 8 inch snowglobe? Anyways I was browsing the site when I stumbled upon the Disney Designer Villains Collection. My face was like this...
OMFG!!!
       Seriously how did I not know about this beforehand?! Needless to say I was in heaven. What do I love more than Disney princesses? Disney Villains! Now sadly I came into the game a little late and so there were only a few things left and they were all on clearance. So while I was not able to get everything that I wanted I did manage to get my hands on some wonderful Disney swag. Obviously I bought the 6 set nail polish collection, which I will get to in just a second, but I also purchased two of their villain cups. One in Mother Gothel and one in Cruella De Vil. I really would have preffered the Ursula, The Evil Queen, or Maleficent cups instead, but since I came late those were the only two ones left available. I bought the Mother Gothel cup for myself and I intend to give the Cruella De Vil cup to my mother for Christmas since she is also a fan of Disney Villains and she can drink an entire pot of coffee by herself.  Here are some pictures of the Mother Gothel cup, no Cruella cup since it is a present.
One side that shows her full profile from the back.
And the other side which is just a close up.
     I also purchased a Bambi Wonder Linen Spray. I was hesitant at first to buy it because I wasn't sure about the scent, but all the reviews on it said it smelt wonderful and since it was only like 8 bucks I decided to get it. The scent description on this one is a delicate scent of lemon sugar, apple blossoms, and marshmallow clouds. Oddly enough I smell all of those things. The lemon is a really sweet and light fragrance mixed with an airy floral apple and then there is an undercurrent of sugary sweetness. I love this! I love it so much I'm thinking of stocking up and buying two more before they are all gone. The fragrance is so light airy and fresh. I can certainly see why it was so loved on the site!
The box that it comes in.
And the bottle itself. So cute!
      And lastly I bought a Snow White inspired reed diffuser bottle. It didn't come with any scent, but that's okay because I plan on buying some reeds and oils from Candles By Victoria. Yes, the obsession runs deep. I just haven't decided on what scent I want to put into it yet. There are sooo many choices!! So far I think Twilight Woods is coming in first though. Other than it has a lovely smell I also like how it matches the Snow White theme. As you can see below the bottle is an almost transparent stormy purple and grey. I can't wait to see what it will look like with oil in it.
The fairest reed diffuser of them all.
      Anyways I bet you just want me to get to the good stuff right? Well here is the collection. There are six polishes in total and they are all named after the lovely villainess' of the collection. The wicked selection features Cruella De Vil, The Evil Queen, Maleficent, Mother Gothel, The Queen Of Hearts, and Ursula. As you can see from the packaging these evil vixens have gotten a make-over. The polishes are 5 ounces each and come with a long tapered black handle.

Front view.
The back view, don't mind the torn off sticker.
Close up on our made over villains.
    Since I just recieved this yesterday I do not have individual swatches of each of the colors, but I will get those up soon for you guys. You can see The Queen Of Hearts's color in action on my 31 Week Nail Polish Challenge: Yellow post. I just wanted to get this up for you guys ASAP so if you wanted something you could buy it before they are all gone. As for the polishes themselves the handles on these are really long which I personally like because I think it makes it easier to control the wand. The bottles are decently sized and very prettily packaged. I've only used The Queen Of Hearts so far, but it only took two coats to become completely opaque and it went on nicely without any streaks. The picture above captures all of the colors well except for Maleficent which in the picture looks teal, but in actuality it's an emerald greenish color. It looks different when in different light, but I'm not sure if it's a duochrome or not. Cruella and Mother Gothel are both mattes I believe and The Evil Queen and Ursula are glitters. Maleficent and The Queen Of Hearts are both shimmers so it is a pretty well rounded set. 
      
     Overall I am very happy with this collection so far, my only gripe being that the nail polish has a strong scent to it, but that's just when you are painting them. Once dried on your nails the smell goes away. I bought this on clearance on the Disney Store website for only $23.00. Not too bad when you do the math for 6 polishes roughly rounded up that's only about $4.00 a bottle. Well that's it for this Disney haul. I hope you guys found something that caught your eyes. Now I'm off to enjoy my swag.

And I'm out.


No comments:

Post a Comment