Monday, December 10, 2012

Nail Polish Challenge Week 10: Gradient!

You there! Come on!
           Welcome back internet. We are on week 10 already and we've started to get into the more challenging nail art. I have never done a nail gradient before so this was my first attempt. I'm not all that happy with the results but what the heck I did my best and you have to have a starting point somewhere right? So doing these nails was a complete mess because first off my make-up sponge kept absorbing all the nail polish before I could pat it onto my nails so in the end I gave up and just used a Q-tip to make the gradient effect instead.
My sad attempt at a pink gradient...


Closer look at my #FailNails.
     So I know it is kind of hard to see the gradient effect but there is actually three different polishes that I used. The first one (which is closest to the nail bed) is a pale cream pink called Bella from Zoya. The middle color is a glittery darker light pink from Sally Hansen Diamond Nails in Pink Promise. And the tip color is Avon's Viva Pink. I was really hoping I could do better than this but after trying and re-painting my nails twice I finally conceeded that this wasn't too bad for a first shot. Anyways that's all for this week's challenge. Next week's doesn't look to hard so the results should be better then. Tune in for next Monday's challenge. Until then guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment