Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Can't Melt Me I'm The Gingerbread Man!

Only a week till X-mas!
        Yes! Only one week to the day that Christmas will be here. I'm super excited if you couldn't tell. Being in the Christmas spirit I decided to melt one of my wax gingerbread men that the wonderful Shannon C. got me in my secret santa present. These little guys are so cute so I hesitated about cutting them up and burning them but I was in a bakery mood earlier so...off with his head! Funny story actually I had placed the gingerbread man on my desk and was going to just cut off it's head because it is the perfect size for my tart warmer, but when I cut off his head the thing went flying right of my desk. I searched for like ten minutes and still could not find it! Now I have the head of a gingerbread man hanging around somewhere in my bedroom. Lol so I had to cut off a leg instead and pop that in my warmer. So here is a little review on my gingerbread man wax tart.
How adorable are these?!

Hello Dolly:
Color: Gingerbread Brown
Cold Throw:  So this particular bakery scent is a mixture of baked goody fragrances. It is supposed to be a concotion of Bubbling Butterscotch Sundae, Coconut Cream Pie, and Fudge Brownie. No one scent really stands out as all of them blend together wonderfully and make it's own unique fragrance. You can of course pick out some certain scents if you try hard enough like you can pick out the chocolateyness of Fudge Brownie, and the rich butteryness of Bubbling Butterscotch Sundae, but Coconut Cream Pie isn't discernable at all to me in this except for maybe adding in the creaminess. This scent to me smells like a really rich, decadent, baked dessert.

Warm Throw: The scent is a bit more subdued once burned, but it is in no way a weak scent. It still smells like a declicious baked dessert. It smells like something I seriously want to eat! For those of you put off by butter type scents or artificial chocolate scents, but still are looking for something bakery I would reccomend you give this one a try. The butter and chocolate scents meld together with the rest of the fragrances so that they aren't too noticeable unless you try hard to single them out. In the end it just smells yummy, bakery, and like a heavy dessert. I love it!
Scent Expectations: Exceeded
      I just want to thank Shannon C. from the Pouring Pot again for sending me these adorable little gingerbread men in a scent that I had never tried and would probably have overlooked otherwise. I'm falling in love with this scent and it is so me. Thank you so much sweetheart! I will enjoy these little guys for as long as their gingerbread lifespan maintains. Though judging by how much I like the scent that probably wont be for too long lol! Love you girl! For the rest of you I hope this little review helped you some and that you all have a safe and happy Christmas! I will be back on Christmas Eve for the next installment of the 31 Week Nail Polish Challenge. See you then!

I love you Shannon!

No comments:

Post a Comment