Thursday, November 22, 2012

The Hunger Games Nail Polish: Harvest Moon


It's time to add some more pretty to this blog.
       Hello again my lovelies! So Ulta had this sale going awhile back where if you buy 2 China Glaze nail polishes. you get 1 free. So seeing their sale and also seeing that they had the Hunger Games collection for half price I decided to make a purchase. So I bought 5 nail polishes total. Three from their regular line and then 2 from The Hunger Games series. Today in honor of Thanksgiving I have on Harvest Moon. This color is inspired by The Hunger Games movie/books and is supposed to represent District 9 which is I believe is the grain district. (It's been awhile since I've read the books) Now I know I'm a little late in the swatch game for this one, but the color is perfect for fall so I wanted to mention it on here. 


     As you can see this one is a really pretty metalic bronze/copper/rust color with matching shimmer. The color in the bottle is the color that you get on your nails. The color becomes opaque with only two coats and the shimmer in it isn't gritty which I like. What I like most about these polishes though is that they dry a lot quicker than most nail polishes I've tried. The brush is decently long two which is nice because I feel it gives me better control than say my Essie nail polishes. I really love this for fall, I feel not only is the name perfect for it, but the color as well. 
Just now realized I had the bottle backwards lol!
    I am still doing the 31 week nail polish challenge and this has nothing to do with it, I just kind of wanted a break to paint my nails a more fall appropriate color. Also I felt like re-doing my nails for Thanksgiving and this little baby was just calling my name. So that's all for this little random post. I have a winter Fortune Cookie Soap haul and review coming up for you very soon as well as next Monday's nail polish challenge. So please look forward to those. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment