Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Winter Fortune Cookie Soap Haul & Review!

Yep, it's that time of year again.
      Hello internet! The holiday season is now officially upon us and so is the rush to get all our loved one's presents. So just in time for the Christmas season Fortune Cookie Soap has released it's winter line-up of scents and products. I have samples of body butters in almost all of the new seasonal scents except for Stuff My Stocking so if you are looking for a unique gift for a loved one or friend or maybe just a special treat for yourself then keep reading to find out which scent is right for you.
So here are the tops...
And here are what they each look like.

Tangle In The Tinsel:
Color: Pastel Pink
           First up and my personal favorite is Tangle in the Tinsel. It is an odd mixture of Cola and Pink Sugar. You can definitely smell the Cola even the carbonation in it, but it's tampered down by the sweetness of the pink sugar. Honestly at first I was a little confused by this one, not just the off the wall mixture, but because it had nothing to do with the holiday season in general other than the name. Now that I've tried it I really like the fragrance even though I was unsure at first at smelling like sweet Cola. Somehow this little baby has just grown on me even though it still has nothing to do with the holidays. Oh well maybe it fits New Year's more.

Mistletoe Mistress:
Color: Mint Green
           The site says this is inspired by crisp winter air, and is a blend of nutmeg, clove, warm vanilla, sandalwood, cranberry, and zesty orange. Personally I get none of that and all of that at the same time. This one is such a complex fragrance. I get the almost fruity basenotes, but they are deeply blended in with the vanilla and sandalwood. There is nothing spicy about this scent though since I've had a lot of clove scented things, (Thank you CBV!) I can tell that there is some clove hinding underneath all the other scents. This scent is majorly seasonal and lovely. It's not too fruity, not too earthy, and not too spicy. It's just the right combinations of scents to make a completely original one. Very nice.

Baby, It's Cold Outside:
Color: Pastel Peach
           First off I was sold into buying this by the name alone and then I read the description. This one is supposed to smell like mouthwatering chocolate mixed with mandarin, tangerine, lemon satsuma, red grapefruit, with middlenotes of bergamot, and oakmoss. I smell artificial chocolate and oranges with a background of bergamot. It really is heavier on the chocolate than the citrus notes. In fact all the fruits kind of get swallowed by the artificial chocolate. It's not a bad scent in anyway though I just find that for as many citrus notes said to be in their it isn't a majorly fruity smelling product. It's nice for all you chocolate lovers out there though be warned it is an artificial chocolate.

Snow Day:
Color: Creamy White
           The description for this is a warm cozy blend of cinnamon bark, luscious berries spiked with fresh pear. I get the cinnamon bark which isn't the same as cinnamon because you can smell the earthy bark of it and the cinnamon is majorly toned down. There is a hint of dark fruity sweetness which I'm guessing is the berries. They smell almost like cranberries if I had to guess. And then I smell the middle notes of pears. This is a well rounded holday scent that reminds me of the fruit baskets you get around thi time of year.

Snow Bunny:
Color: Pastel Grey Blue
           This one is very spa like to me. Its supposed to be a blend of sandalwood, peppermint leaf, strawberries, raspberries, and vanilla. I get the peppermint but it isn't in your face like most mint scents. It is really suppressed by the warm sandalwood. I really don't get any majorly fruity notes in this one, but it does have like an herbal sweetness to it. Like I said this reminds me of what certain upper crust spas smell like. It's a mixture of refreshing mint, with a hint of earthiness, and calming sweetness.
The above scents...Me Gusta.
Candy Cane Fluff:
Color: Creamy White
           As a mint lover I was most excited about this fragrance. The description is Indulge in the sweet scent of crisp peppermint and fluffy marshmallows. How could I not get this one? Sadly though I am not as in love with this scent as I expected to be. Don't get me wrong it's not bad, I just don't like it as much as I would have wanted to. I get mainly the thick marshmallow scent with just a pinch of peppermint in the mix. I'm not big on marshmallows myself so I would have preffered it to be the other way around with me smelling more of the peppermint instead. Still I have to say Fortune Cookie Soap makes a hell of a marshmallow scent because it does smell like the real deal. It smells sugary and fluffy like legit marshmallows. So while I do not enjoy smelling like marshmallows those of you out there who do need to get this scent. You will probably adore it. 
I wish this smelt more like peppermint than marshmallows!
We Three Kings:
Color: Pastel Yellow
           This one is a mixture of patchouli, plumeria, and sweet orange. Now I should have known I wasn't going to care for this fragrance when I read patchouli. I hate patchouli! Still I've had other fragrances with patchouli in it that I liked because all the other scents masked it. This one however does not. I was hoping the sweet orange and plumeria would be enough to drown out the earthiness of the patchouli however I was mistaken. The main scent is earthy smoky patchouli with just the tiniest undertones of plumeria. Such a let down for a patchouli hater like me. But if you like patchouli or earthy scents in general and don't need a lot of sweetness in a scent to like it then this one is right up your ally. It's woodsy, sharp, and not at all sweet or soft.   

White Elephant:
Color: Pastel Purple
           Now this is a little different from the rest because it is a mystery scent. It is said to be a curious blend filled with mystery and intrigue. If you can correctly guess the fragrance and email it in you will be entered in a $100 giveaway. The winner will be chosen on December 20th. Now I'm going to tell you all what I think it smells like, but I wouldn't go entering it in the giveaway because honestly I have NO idea what it really is. My scent description is really grasping at straws on this one. But to me I think this one is a mixture of Cola and either lavender or violets. Truthfully though I have no idea, but I'm willing to bet it has Cola in it because it has the same carbonation in it that Tangel In The Tinsel has. There is almost a sour note in this one to me like Coke and dying flowers. Lol I told you not to go entering this into the contest. Hoenstly though I have no idea only that I don't like it at all. 
Did I like We 3 Kings or White Elephant? NO!
       My free sample actually turned out to be a White Elephant bath bomb which I will probably NEVER use. Maybe somebody else I know will like it and I can give it to them either that or I might stick it in the next Candles By Victoria Round Robin if I decide to participate in it. Overall I liked most of the scents with only two of them disagreeing with my nose. I hoped this little review helped some of you narrow down your decisions. Please look forward to my next installment of the Nail Polish Challenge and for more Candles By Victoria reviews. Bye guys!

1 comment:

  1. I love this haul!!!!!!
    Follow me? chiccupcake1.blogspot.com
    -Jen <3

    ReplyDelete