Thursday, October 31, 2013

I Put A Smell On You

A special Halloween review.
    Hello my pretties! It is all Hallow's and in honor of my favorite holiday here is a special mini-review of the newest Halloween themed scents available from Candles By Victoria. I only have three scents here for you guys but luckily they are going to still be available all year round so you can enjoy them whenever you like. So let's get started shall we?


I Put A Smell On You: 
Color: Ghastly Grape
Cold Throw: Admit it, when you read the title you sang the song in your head didn't you? I know I did only I sang the original version by Screamin Jay Hawkins instead of the Hocus Pocus version though I do love both of them. Anyways onto the scent description. This scent is a magical concoction of Love Potion No. 9 and Watermelon Cupcake. I definitely can pick out the Love Potion No. 9 but the perfumeyness of it is tempered way down by the Watermelon Cupcake. I smell pretty equal parts of both scents in this actually. I get the sexy vanilla from LPN9 but I also get that sweet candy watermelon from WC. Making this one pretty sweet and girly fragrance.

Warm Throw: I think I would have loved this one a lot more had the scent throw been a bit stronger. You could still smell this one it wasn't on the weak scent throw side still I wish it had more oomph to it to make it at least a moderate throw. I actually had to use half a shot for this one to fill up my living room area but I do have an open living room so it might be better used in smaller or enclosed spaces. Still this one smelt spooktacular! It is a very sweet fragrance though so if you aren't a fan of really sweet scents then this one is not for you. As before the candy watermelon note is what I get the most of followed by the nice girly vanilla from Love Potion No. 9 and then in the very background I get some of the cupcake base that gives it some depth. Overall I really enjoy this one just wish it was stronger on scent throw. I think this one would also be great in bath and body I think it would shine as a lotion or a body spray.
I loved it but wish it was more, strong...strong..strong...STTRROONNGG!!


Cider Web: 
Color: Zombie Skin Green
Cold Throw: A spellbinding mixture of Mulled Cider and Sugared Corn Pudding. Honestly I don't get the Sugared Corn Pudding at all. This smells like a legit apple cider donut. There is an obvious mulled warm cider scent but it is coupled right alongside a nice bakery type scent that smells somewhat like a plain soft donut does. In fact if I hadn't known what this was a blend of I would have guessed it was Apple Cider and maybe Cinnamon Donuts only without the cinnamon.

Warm Throw: Smells like legit cider donuts! I don't get so much apple cider more as just mulled cider like in the description, but the Sugared Corn Pudding doesn't even smell like it, it smells like plain soft donuts. So thus cider donuts! I really enjoyed this one and found it was a nice unique scent for the fall season I can see myself melting it later into November as well. The throw on this one was pretty moderate and was nice and steady. I recommend this one if you like bakery and cider scents if not then pass on this one because it is pure cider donuts.
Another great addition thanks to the CBV team.

Sleepy Hollow: 
Color: Jack-O-Lantern Orange
Cold Throw: Fall/earthy/woodsy lovers prepare to lose your heads. This is a customer create a scent made by Jandre and it is a blend of Why I Autumn and Crackling Birch. It is a very earthy fall type scent. I get the dried leaves from Why I Autumn and the slight smokey tree like/woodsyness from Cracklin Birch. It smells earthy to me but at the same time this also reminds me of like an earthy smokey men's cologne. Overall this is a very woodsy, earthy, and slightly musky fragrance.

Warm Throw: This little guy smells just like a smokey woodsy men's cologne and let me tell you this bad boy is strong! I get more of the Crackling Birch than the Why I Autumn but Why I Autumn is still smellable there in the undercurrents. This one smells like dried leaves and strong smokey wood notes and they both combine to make an outdoorsy fall men's cologne. I personally was not a fan of this one just because I don't like super woodsy or earthy scents and I also don't particularly care for most men's colognes unless they are on an actual man. So I would only recommend this one to those who love strong woody scents or outdoorsy type men's cologne.
This scent was so strong it almost murdered my senses!
      That's all for this review folks! I hope you all have a happy and safe Halloween. I will have my November post up for you guys in the following week so please check back for that one soon. Until then I say good night and don't let the vampires bite.  


No comments:

Post a Comment