Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Carol Of The Smells

I know I'm 2 months late but here is a Christmas scent review!
        I know that Christmas was so long ago, but I have a few extra Christmas themed scents to share with you all. I was going to post this closer to Christmas but snow and moving took my internet away so it is just now getting it's chance to be published. Still it is never too early to consider your options for next year though. Sadly once again I wont have the pictures of the actual scent shots, but I will have my descriptions and holiday gifs for you all. So I hope you guys enjoy it even though it is late.

Hollyberry: 
Color: Christmas Tree Green
Cold Throw: The site description is pretty spot on, on this one. I smell the clove along with a tiny hint of sweet bakery cinnamon mixed with a nice light citrusy orange fragrance with a touch of vanilla added to act as a base to round the whole scent out. I'm not sure why it is called Hollyberry since there is absolutely no hint of berries that I can smell but that is a minor thing. This scent fits in with the holiday fragrances and is a nice and different take on some of them.

Warm Throw: To be honest I didn't mind this one so much but it wasn't a favorite and I ended up swapping it in a round robin. However that isn't to say there was anything wrong or bad with this scent. I actually had no problems with it really I just didn't feel it was one I needed to keep in reserve in my personal stash. That being said this one was okay. I didn't really get any berry scent with it though which was kind of strange. I got more of the cinnamon/orange mixture with just a touch of vanilla that kept the cinnamon at bay. The scent throw if I remember correctly was pretty average. I would say though if you don't like cinnamon scents then pass on this one. Still don't let my description scare you away. Like I said I actually had no problems with this scent in general.
Hollyberry doesn't smell anything like holly or berries lol
Snowberry: 
Color: Cranberry Sauce Burgundy
Cold Throw: I will just say I'm not the biggest berry fan unless it is blueberry or strawberry. Luckily strawberry is in this scent and is very noticeable. I don't exactly know what loganberry smells like by itself, but I can pick it out in this scent. In fact so far on cold throw I only smell loganberry and strawberry. There is no hint of cinnamon or peppermint in it that I can smell just yet. I kind of like it like this though. I love peppermint and cinnamon but I think it smells great with just the berries. Will be interesting to see if it changes once warmed.

Warm Throw: If you were a little turned off by the mint or cinnamon description let me put your fears to rest and say that I didn't get any cinnamon at all in this scent and only a minuscule amount of mint was to be found. Really the mint only served to make the berries smell more like chilled berries. This was pretty much a mixture of loganberry and strawberry. To me this is like a fruity sweet but not candy or tart sweet berry fragrance. I personally liked this one and feel like it could be an any season kind of scent. I would recommend this scent to those who like berry scents along the line of Berry Me Alive. The scent throw though wasn't very strong. It wasn't super weak either like it was noticeable but it dissipated quickly and 1/4 didn't exactly fill the room.

Christmas Kitchen: 
Color: Cranberry Sauce Burgundy
Cold Throw: I get all the scents in this one wrapped up to make an entirely new complete scent. It is a nice subdued Christmas scent so it isn't overly heavy or spiced up as some tend to be. The orange is the predominant note but only by a little bit. The cinnamon isn't a sharp or abrasive kind and it kind of sits in the undercurrents. The pumpkin kind of acts like a base to round out the overall scent and give it a nice depth. I think all the scents are nicely balanced and each fragrance compliments the others.

Warm Throw: This was a very festive scent. Let me tell you if you are a little put off by the cold throw that the scents blend together better was all warmed up. It smells decidedly like Christmas time. The cinnamon stayed subdued but noticeable, the pumpkin didn't come out in force and kind of acted like the glue that held the scent together, and the orange wasn't too citrusy or thick smelling. Overall I liked it. I liked Christmas Lane better but this one is still really nice. The scent throw was pretty average.

Christmas By The Fire: 
Color: Chimney Brick Red
Cold Throw: I can immediately smell the cedar and sage in this one. I think I get a little bit of myrrh and nutmeg in this one too, but not much cinnamon or frankincense on cold throw. I'm not a big fan of the sage and cedar mixture in this one so far. It is kind of too earthy for me at the moment so I'm hoping the spices will come out more once warmed. I can see a lot of others really liking it as it is right now because of it's slight earthiness but I'm just not an earthy/woody fan myself.

Warm Throw: I ended up liking this one more than I initially thought I would. The fragrance came together better was warmed up and the frankincense peaked out a bit more than before. The cedar and sage is still apparent but they are tampered down by the other scents so it isn't overly earthy or woodsy. It had a really nice touch. Not sure it reminded me of a Christmas fire so to speak but it was still very nice and close to one. This would be a good one to have in a wood wick candle so you could get the smell and the nice little crackle of the wick. The scent throw was decently strong but not overwhelming or too powerful.
These really help you get into the Christmas spirit.
Star Of Bethlehem: 
Color: Snow White
Cold Throw: This is a nice example of soft spices with a nice light citrus done right. Honestly I find this one a very nice mixture where the spices are soft and not "spicy" the clove and frankincense cloak the cinnamon and go hand in hand with a nice light orange fragrance. I am really liking this one for the holidays. This is kind of like what I was hoping Orange Clove would smell like only better. I like that the scent throw so far is very noticeable but it is an overall light type of fragrance.

Warm Throw: I really loved this one. I melted it on Christmas actually and it just set the mood so well. The spices were all as I said very much on the soft side and not the strong abrasive sharp kind. There is just this hint of citrus in the edges but it blends so well with the spices. The scent throw on this one was medium average the throw was just a little bit over normal.  I really would recommend this one to those who like clove or frankincense type of scents. I personally really love this one.  

Christmas Lane: 
Color: Cranberry Sauce Burgundy
Cold Throw: This smells like Christmas to me. Like all the things I love about Christmas rolled into one just minus a mint smell that is my personal favorite for winter lol. I get the slight crisp apples, the airy oak, the lightly earthy essence of fir and balsam, along with a nice soft subdued spice of clove. The pine and cinnamon which I am sure are probably in here aren't really noticeable to me just yet on cold. To me this is a nice mixture of some classic Christmas scents and I really like how the mixture of all these fragrances makes one new scent that isn't thick or cloying. It is actually a nice slightly earthy, slightly sweet, and light scent.

Warm Throw: This and Rocky Mountain Christmas and Star Of Bethlehem were the highlights of my order. This one I think took first place just by a little bit. It stayed pretty much the same as it did on cold throw which was perfectly alright with me. The scent throw was pretty moderate. I don't think I can describe it any better than I did on cold throw but just know I love this scent. It just smells to me of all the things Christmas should smell like for me personally. This will probably be a permanent staple of mine for Christmas times to come.

Rocky Mountain Christmas: 
Color: Christmas Tree Green
Cold Throw: This is a combination of two favorite scents of mine, Sugared Spruce and Leaves Type. I love both those scents on their own and combined they smell terrific. The Sugared Spruce gives this crisp fresh evergreen tree smell and the Leaves Type adds this richer depth that adds the tiniest bit of cider spice that rounds out the scent. The Leaves Type takes away some of the sweetness from Sugared Spruce and gives it more earthiness so it smells more outdoorsy and real.

Warm Throw: I stick with my initial scent description. It stays pretty much the same once warmed up. It mainly smells like Sugared Spruce but it is made more real and authentic outdoors smelling thanks to the Leaves Type. I think the name captures this scent pretty well. It is a wonderful winter scent. The scent throw was super strong and filled the entire house and made it smells like evergreen trees covered in snow. Truly it creates a winter wonderland atmosphere. I really loved this one. Definitely have to have it in my winter scent arsenal.
These scents all make me so happy!
     That's it for this belated Christmas review. I hope you guys will remember some of these scents when you are ready to start plotting for next year. I know a few of you have planners probably with many pages lol. I will be uploading my Valentine's Day Review for you guys very very soon if all goes according to plan. Then after that I should be back onto my normal monthly review track. I still have a round robin review for next month for you guys as well so I hope you all come back for that. Anyways stay safe you guys I know half of the US has been pounded with winter storms while the other half has suffered from sever droughts so wherever you guys all are in the US or otherwise I hope you all take care and stay safe. See you next time guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment