Wednesday, July 24, 2013

CBV Soap Shots Review

CBV released new soap shots!
     Hey everyone here is a short little review of Candles By Victoria's new bath & body product called Soap Shots. These are just like their usual scent shots only instead of being filled with scented wax they are filled with scented soap. I have to say I was really excited to see this new addition because I have often eyed Melissa's soaps, however I wasn't sure if I wanted to buy a whole bar if I didn't like the over all formula of the soap itself. Now I can try these little sample soaps that cost the same as a scent shot ($2.00) and see for myself whether I wish to buy the full sized bars. I decided to buy two in some scents that I have had before and really liked. So here are the two soaps that I purchased...
They are like brighter scent shots...
   I really like these two fragrances on their own and I like that they are both different, but feminine and girly smelling all the same. I'm not sure I wanted a soap that smelt like food so I went with these perfumey smelling fragrances. As for the formula on these soaps I have to say that they could be better. I have really dry skin and these just weren't moisturizing enough for me personally. It made my skin feel a little tight after using. The shape of the shots also makes it a little difficult to use. Nothing too bad, but still not the easiest thing to grip on to in the shower. They lather up really nicely though. I had no problems in that area. I could still smell the scent on my skin about an hour after I used it however the scent was kind of faint.

    Personally I will not be using these on my body, however I think they make great hand soaps. That is what I am going to use them for from now on. My skin just needs more moisturizer than these little guys can give. So if you have dry or sensitive skin like me you might want to pass on the soap shots, but if you have regular skin then give them a try and see for yourself if they work for you or not. I think I am going to stick with my staple Fortune Cookie Soaps. Overall these are not bad, but they aren't that great either. I give them a 2.5 stars out of 5. 

I wanted to like these so much more than I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment