Friday, June 21, 2013

Fortune Cookie Soap Scent Review: Summer 2013

FCS has finally launched their summer line!
      I finally received my Fortune Cookie Soap order. I placed an order the night they launched their summer line and I'm really lucky that I ordered then because a few of the products have already sold out. Don't fear though they will restock them as soon as they can so the rest of you can also enjoy them. In my typical fashion I ordered 2 of the body butter sample packs so that I could test out each scent before committing to the full products. FCS released 8 new scents for the summer so I have them all here to describe for you guys. So let's get started...
The first pack along with my free sample of bar soap.
One In A Melon:
Color: Bright Vivid Pink
Scent: This smells IDENTICAL to a watermelon Jolly Rancher! It is unbelievable how authentic it is. If any of you have tried Zombie Treats from last year's Halloween Soap Box, you will have probably heard how that was often described as smelling like a watermelon Jolly Rancher. Well FCS has upped their game because this is the genuine article of watermelon Jolly Rancher dupes. It smells like I could actual bite into it. Super sweet watermelon hard candy fragrance right here. I think this might be my favorite scent out of the bunch this season.

Aquaholic:
Color: Teal Blue Green
Scent: This is an interesting mixture of pina colada and sun tan lotion with a faint background of what the beach smells like to me. The strength of the sun tan lotion smell is balanced out with the tropical and creamy pina colada mix. I get also get this very faint like sea salt air that keeps the scent from being to strong or too sweet. This is the perfect beach scent. It has everything that makes me want to sit in the sand on the beach and sip a cold fruity drink. I have to say this scent surprised me on how much I like it. I usually am not huge on pina colada or sun tan lotion type fragrances, but there is something about this that just works for me. If this were an actual SPF lotion I wouldn't hesitate to buy it. This is perfect for you beach lovers!

What? It's Five O' Clock Somewhere!:
Color: Cotton Candy Blue
Scent: This is supposed to smell like a fruity cocktail and it does. I can pick out a slight pineapple and maybe a small splash of some creamy coconut. However they aren't the main notes of the fragrance. This mainly just smells like a really well blended blue summer time cocktail. It is nice and sweet and a little fruity. I will say though that since my free sample was in this fragrance only in the bar soap that the body butter has a tad weaker scent than the bar soap has. The bar soap just has much more of a clearer and stronger scent.

Body Shot:
Color: Pinkish Purple
Scent: This is supposed to smell like raspberry lemonade and that's pretty much what it smells like. I think it is a bit heavier on the lemonade than the raspberry. This smells like a tall glass of the actual drink. I get the crisp fresh squeezed lemons with water and I also get the sweet hint of raspberries mixed all in there. I like this one, it isn't my personal favorite just because there are others in this line that I like best, but I will certainly be using this baby up. If you are a sweet lemon fan or really just looking for a unique summer scent than give this one a shot. (pun intended)
The second pack...
Where The Sun Don't Shine:
Color: Pale Pastel Yellow
Scent: A yummy blend of tropical coconut and bananas. This one is really nice for the summer. The two scents are equally balanced so you get both the creamy coconut and the sweet banana. I like the banana in this because it doesn't smell like that Runts candy banana. Instead it smells like a real mashed up banana mixed with some creamy delicious coconut. This smells like something I would either like to eat, or slather all over my body like a sunscreen. I'm really loving this one right now! 


Do You Salsa Or Mango?:
Color: Pastel Neon Orange
Scent: You know it is funny when my mother and I first smelt this we both came to an agreement that it reminded us of those orange marshmallows you get on Halloween that are shaped like peanuts. I still stand by that description even though individually I can pick out the island mango with a hint of the lime, but honestly if I didnt know what was in this I would just think it smelt like a sweet orange peanut marshmallow. I know that sounds incredibly weird, believe me, but the mango in this isn't a sharp juicy mango it leans on the candy sweet side and I don't know what cilantro and chile smell like together on their own, but this scent is all light sweetness. I totally was not expecting this to smell like it does. Having said that however I actually like the scent even though I despise the peanut marshmallows to eat. Very nice and unique scent from FCS however I think people would like it more if it were re-named and added to the Halloween Soap Box.  

Ice Cream, You Scream:
Color: Off White
Scent: Waffle cones...that is the first thing that comes to mind. This smells EXACTLY like a waffle cone that you put ice cream in. In fact I think the name and description on the site fits this to a T. I get a very authentic ice cream cone scent with neapolitan ice cream fragrance. Like I can smell the smooth vanilla/light strawberry/creamy chocolate ganache mixture in this. I will warn you this is a super sugary sweet fragrance so if you can't handle really food like sugary scents then I would say you might want to pass on this one. For everyone else though this is truly a fun and different twist on summer time scents.

Mother Pucker:
Color: Lime Green
Scent: This has been described as a lemon PEZ candy type of fragrance and I can agree to that only I would say it is more lemon smelling than it is candy like. There is this fresh zest lemon, with a slight almost clean smell that I'm guessing comes from the garden mint, and then there is this tiny hint of sweetness that keeps the scent from being too sharp like a sour lemon. This is a cool light lemon scent that is creative and interesting for summer. This is for you lemon lovers or for those of you who don't like too sweet fragrances and instead prefer more natural crisp and fresh fragrances. I can appreciate this one for what it is however I'm not big on lemon scents personally and I'm more into sweeter things so this one was probably my least favorite of the entire line, but I still liked this one.

I love all the scents from this release!
      I have to say I liked this summer line a lot better than last summer's line, which is saying something because I really loved Pool Party, Summer Sweet Tea, and Pinky Swear. This launch however just seemed to have scents that were for everyone. There was sugary sweet Ice Cream, You Scream for food lovers, Mother Pucker for more fresh and natural scent lovers, of course there were the tropical fruity smells that are a must for this time of the year, and then there was even beachy and candy like scents. I have to say I just think the scents this time around were so creative and different while still staying in the seasonal bracket. Usually there is at least one scent that I don't like in all of the seasonal launches, however there wasn't a one scent in this line that I wouldn't use. They are all pretty great fragrances. I have to give FCS a round of applause for releasing a truly great batch of scents for the summer. I definitely recommend that you guys give a few of these a try because honestly these are just a great collection of fragrances. Anyways that's all for this season's scent reviews. If you liked this review then check back in fall when I will do another review of the fall launch. Until then take care everybody and don't forget the SPF!!


No comments:

Post a Comment